Thursday, October 23, 2008

One More Garrettism

A couple of days ago we bought Garrett a black robe and scythe so he could dress as the grim reaper for Halloween. Since then, for his entertainment, he has taken to using the scythe like a fighting staff which resulted in the following conversation:

Garrett: Dang it. The head of my scythe flew off again.

Steve: That's because you keep thrashing it about.

Garrett: I'm not thrashing it about, I'm just waving it around.

Me: (shoots wine out nose laughing)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, now. Contain yourself. One should't encourage such sharp repartee. Why did you buy an instrument that Garrett could thrash about anyway?

I For One..... said...

I guess I should have clarified. The scythe was made entirely out of plastic, so no real harm could be done with it. Had we bought him a real, working scythe, I'm certain one or both of the dogs would be missing a limb by now, and Garrett would have to take his shoes and socks off if we needed to solve math problems with the aid of his digits.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I just wondered.

Meredith said...

Is anonymous just you talking to yourself Robin?

Maybe it's really Sarah Palin, or John McCain.

Meredith said...

PS.........tell "Gawrwatt" (as Kay used to call him, to call me!

I For One..... said...

No, that would be my mother commenting on my posts. I can see how you might think that though. Our writing styles have some similarities. :-)Good thing my sisters don't comment too much. It would sound like me talking to my multiple personalities.