Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Get Lucky!

Yesterday was a lost day. I spent most of the day in bed with a high fever, and raging headache, and an upset stomach having been overtaken by gastroenteritis somewhere around 3:00 am the night before. With that said, I did manage to do a couple of things. Around 1:30 in the afternoon I dragged my sorry butt out of bed and got showered, and at 2:45, left the house to pick the kids up from school. This is not a minor undertaking, because Garrett gets out at 3:00 and Weston gets out at 3:40, making this about an hour-long process. When I finally got home, I had to sleep for two hours from sheer exhaustion.

Leaving Weston's school yesterday I suddenly realized that the second thing that I had accomplished was losing my wireless ear piece for my phone. I knew approximately where and when I had lost it because I had pulled it out of my ear while walking to my car at Garrett's school. I figured I must have dropped it while opening the car door. Sadly, I wrote it off as lost, smashed, or both, but this morning, a little miracle occurred. Walking Garrett in to school I glanced down at the sidewalk, and there it was, intact and still working! I think while I'm having this kind of luck, I'll go buy some lottery tickets.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Feel better!! Sounds like you are under a serious yuck cloud.
Yay on finding the earbud! I had a strange occurrence like that happen with an earring. Maybe it just needed a little adventure but still wanted to come home.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling lucky today since some of the news IS good. Check out Margaret Atwood's article in this AM's NY Times. A voice of reason in an unreasonable time.
Me

Steve said...

Margaret Atwood is one of my favorite authors, and I was not aware that she wrote for the NY Times. Her article today is definitely a voice a reason, especially the part about how this financial crisis will give us all "...a chance to re-evaluate our goals and to take stock of our relationship to the living planet from which we derive all our nourishment, and without which debt finally won’t matter." Well said, I say.