Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Cracking Good Oscars, Grommit!!!

I confess, I watched very little of the Oscars. The problem was that Garrett, who had watched TV or played video games most of the day on Sunday, began rolling on the floor and groaning in a fit of rage the moment I turned them on. Apparently 15 minutes of something other than "The Fairly Odd Parents" is enough to send him in to an extended tail spin. Truthfully, I turned the TV back over to him because it was time to start making dinner, but the groaning/rolling was an added motive.

Thankfully, I was able to catch the most important five minutes of the show. The part where Wallace and Gromitt, Curse of the Were Rabbit won an award for Best Animated Feature Film of the Year. Now, here is the part where I confess that I'm a teensy bit of a fan of W&G. We've been watching Nick Park's creations for close to fifteen years. Until recently when our kids talked about W&G they got blank stares from their friends. Garrett learned to say "cracking good toast" long before he was in to the Power Rangers. Witness my Halloween pumkins! I'm not sure I could have been more excited if one of my own kids had gotten an Oscar.

No comments: