Friday, June 20, 2008

Let's Get Sarcastic

My friend Meredith sent me a link to an article on Yahoo news which totally blows sunshine up the butts of those of us that practice the sarcastic arts. The following email thread resulted.

Me: I feel so validated right now!

Meredith: Like we have mastered a skill that people with brain injuries can't. Fuck we rule!

Me: Yeah!!!! Sing with me.....

(to the tune of that Black Eyed Peas song)
Everybody, everybody, let's get into it
Get snarky, get satiric
Let's get sarcastic in here! Let's get sarcastic in here! Woo hoo!!

In another email thread Meredith wrote:

I just had chicken for breakfast, I am starting a new trend. Left over chicken breast and Diet Coke. I know I know I can see the saliva dripping from your mouth......

To which I replied:

When I first read about your breakfast, I read it as "I just had A chicken for breakfast" which called up an image of you gnawing on a carcass, feathers and all, like a cat might do, Diet Coke clutched daintily in one blood-soaked mitt. Once I re-read the sentence, a simple cold chicken breast sounded relatively appetizing. Perhaps I should lay off of the mind-altering substances, aye?

Spread me with butter because I am I on a roll today!

1 comment:

Steve said...

No, no, no - it's "I'm like buttah ... cuz I'm on a roll!" :-)